Recently, I was once again looking for a note taking solution. Over time, I had used many: Evernote, a markdown based one I wrote myself, Joplin. For one reason or another, I had stopped using each of them in turn.
My requirements were simple:
- Linux and Android support
- Markdown first, with syntax highlighting
- Automatic synchronization of all my devices
- Plaintext backup to simple files, for easy migration
- Copy & paste to insert images
- Full-text search.
And the most important: Does it spark joy?
The best note-taking solution is of no use if you don't consistently use it. After trying many alternatives …